Monday, October 9, 2017

William Doyle and Martha Reay: Marriage

Family records give William Doyle's wife's maiden name as Ray.  It seems more likely to be Reay if the information below is correct -- if it's transcribed correctly from the original record.






I can't quite call the image above a document:  it is obviously a transcription of a document, probably a government record, though FamilySearch's citation doesn't indicate a specific source other than a FHL microfilm.  I can and will cite it as a source with the hope that it will lead me to the real document.

The information I gather from this transcription is:
     William Doyle
     married Martha Reay
     on 3 May 1825
     in Wallsend, Northumberland, England

I do not have any governmental marriage records for ancestors who were married in England.  If I were to request a marriage record (if it's available at the U. K. Government Records Office (GRO)), I wonder what information I would find on it.  Besides the bride's and groom's names, the marriage date, and the location, would it include their birth dates, birth locations?  Would it include the names of their parents?

The current cost of U.K. records from GRO is £9.00 or $12.00 U.S.  To buy or not to buy?  I need to investigate what information that document would contain before ordering it.

--Nancy.

Copyright ©2017 Nancy Messier. All Rights Reserved.
.

1 comment:

  1. If you live near a family history center, you could see the microfilm reel 993567. The reel description says it is microreproduction of original records.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...